Become a Professional Hellerwork Structural Integration Practitioner
"I see Hellerwork at the forefront of a new discipline of Psychophysical Integration helping us to reintroduce the body’s wisdom back into our culture. This new discipline will have far reaching consequences in the fields of fitness and performance. It will change our concept of ageing and what to expect from our bodies and our lives." Joseph Heller.
The 1,250 hour certificate program in Hellerwork S.I. offers you a unparalleled educational opportunity for experiential learning, personal growth, transformation, and acquiring the necessary skills for a respected professional career.
To prepare you fully for your career, Hellerwork S.I. offers a learning environment and learning experience deeply grounded in both skills and science:
- Structural Integration Bodywork & Functional Assessment: quality of touch and soft-tissue assessment skills in administering connective tissue structural bodywork; proper use of one’s own body; thorough understanding of the purpose, objectives, and themes of the Hellerwork sessions and the relationship of emotions to specific body areas; principles of structural alignment and integration.
- Movement Education: ability to assess and teach functional movement lessons related to the Hellerwork series and activities of everyday living; awareness and ability to relate the relationships of movement to gravity and body tension; ergonomic considerations.
- Somatic Psychology: ability to establish rapport/trust with the client so that the client is willing to unravel long held tension patterns in her or his body and movement; physical, movement, and cultural psychology; dialoguing and coaching; communication skills, presence, and mindfulness.
- Anatomy and Physiology: knowledge and understanding of the names, locations, and functions of all principle muscle groups, bones, connective tissues and fascia; an understanding of the physiology, physics, and biology underlying the structure, movement, and functioning of the human body.
- Business and Marketing: establishing a business – office, equipment, financial management, marketing and promotion, and client development; professional ethics.
The curriculum and graduation requirements are the same for every training, however the format varies from training to training in order to accommodate the needs of locations and participants. In most regions, Hellerwork S.I. training may enable the practitioner to get local massage therapy licensing, if needed. Please contact your local authorities and discuss the issue with your potential trainer.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Be a high school graduate or the equivalent.
- Have received the Hellerwork S.I. series.
- Since trainings are in English, students must have the ability to read, speak, and write in English.
- Submit a completed application with photographs and a non-refundable Application/Selection Interview fee to the Director of the training you have chosen to attend, and schedule an Admissions Interview with them.
- Complete any other educational requirements for the particular training you have chosen to attend.
Upon successful completion of your Hellerwork S.I. Practitioner Training, you will be qualified to join your local Hellerwork Regional Practitioner Association, well-established communities of successful, respected, supportive, and dedicated Hellerwork professionals.
"For more information about upcoming Hellerwork S.I. trainings, or to find out more about the Hellerwork S.I. training process, visit www.hellerwork-trainings.com.
You are invited to register with the Hellerwork International office 714 873 6131 or firstname.lastname@example.org and be notified as new trainings are scheduled.